Re: [OM] Re: Olympus 4/3rds + OM lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Olympus 4/3rds + OM lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:06:10 -0700
Oddly enough, business vertures need to sell product in the present. The past sales that have now turned into the relatively inexpensive Oly gear we buy used do nothing to keep them in business in the present and immediate future. Thus 'loyalists' who persist in using their old stuff and not buying the new are a useless lot to them.

Whether Oly provides an adapter or not, someone undoubtedly will. Whether is will be of any use or not will depend on how the camera works. Lens to camera communication will certainly be elecrtronic, not mechanical. thus there will be no auto aperture stop-down. With any luck, it will do stop down metering with MF lenses, but that is not yet certain. There is absolutely no way that you will simply be able to slip that 50/1.8 on, focus and push the shutter release as you can with OMs.

Moose

Albert wrote:

At $29 for evilbay 50mmf1.8 Zuiko, I don't see why they wouldn't put out an adapter.. but then, that might be the point, why buy new glass if an adapter + old glass is just as good??

What would be the "zoom" factor? 1.4ish? So my 50mm would be a 70mm f1.8?

Olympus better put out one for the loyalists...