[OM] Re: blocked email

Subject: [OM] Re: blocked email
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:24:18 -0700
>From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I just tried to email Hans van Veluwen about buying the eSIF on CD, and got
>
>> Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
>> The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
>> each recipient was rejected.
>>
>>     Recipient: <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
>>     Reason:    you are not allowed to send mail to <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>

It could be that spam blocking software is getting in the way.

I used to get (and report) a LOT of spam from sympatico.ca, and I subscribe to
the Realtime Blackhole List (RBL). It works with a Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
like sendmail or postfix to block spam before it even gets in the mail system,
based upon source IP address. The message you got looks like an MTA message,
rather than an email client software message.

See if you can send me email directly. If not, then it may be because of RBL.
Then you can go to sympatico and raise a fuss for allowing spammers to operate.
--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.