Re: [OM] ethyl or isopropyl

Subject: Re: [OM] ethyl or isopropyl
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:25:13 EDT
In a message dated 6/5/2003 8:31:24 AM Central Standard Time,
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm having real trouble finding denatured alcohol to clean off gunk
> from old light seals

I'm using a product distributed by Klean-Strip which says: S-L-X, Denatured
Alcohol on the can, which I bought either at Lowe's or Home Depot. Their
product number is SL-26.  It is ethanol denature with methanol.  It can be used
thin shellac, clean glass and metal and also as a fuel for marine stoves.  So I
would guess your local hardware store or perhaps marine supply store. Seems
like it was somewhere around $3 for a quart. Hope this helps.  Bill Barber