Re: [OM] ethyl or isopropyl

Subject: Re: [OM] ethyl or isopropyl
From: Svein Skjøtskift <svein@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:21:59 +0200
Adding to the confusion:
Denaturated alcohol in Norway is 90-96 0.000000e+00thanol + 2-50f isopropanol and 2-5% metylisobutylketon, wich makes it undrinkable, but not toxic. Methanol does not contain ethanol, it is another type of alcohol. It is very toxic, can make you go blind or even die. If you drink it. Methylated alcohols are mixtures of ethanol and methanol, and might be called denaturated alcohol in US and UK. More information: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~mdunk/anthony/metho.html
Svein