[OM] 8mm FE questions

Subject: [OM] 8mm FE questions
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 22:59:22 +0200
I recently acquired an 8mm fisheye, what a wonderfull piece of glass.
I have some questions using it however:

When using it on an OM4Ti on auto, I suppose I won't get correct exposures
using center weighed readings, since there only is a 23mm image circle, and
the rest is black (which the computer wants to turn into grey...? so I get
overexposure?) Anybody experienced with this combo to tell me whether I
should compensate 1 or 2 stops?

OTOH I thought of using the spot meter on some parts of the image for
correct exposure, but this does not work since the 8mm lacks a diaphragm
coupling lever (it has an automatic diaphragm however). So the camera
constantly thinks it is at about f45 in stead of f5.6 or 2.8.

I was thinking of putting a fixed coupling lever at f2.8 position so I can
use the spot meter manually, just like with a zuiko shift lens? Would this
work for spot metering? The interpolation to higher f values would not be
the problem, and once you know the exposure the camera can be used in manual
mode as well.

All suggestions welcome.

Anyway, this lens offers a very wide view of the world.

Iwert.