Re: [OM] cokin filters

Subject: Re: [OM] cokin filters
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:05:50 -0500
At 01:03 PM 6/6/2003 -0300, you wrote:
Are there any cokin filter users, or others, on the list who can opine as to the quality of cokin filters and any resulting image degradation as compared to using high quality optical glass filters? Just off the top of my head I have to think that cokin's plastic filters result in greater image degredation than high quality B+W and Heliopan filters for example and also are more prone to scratching than glass filters.

John Hudson

Possibly you are right, but I haven't noticed that my cokin split filters contribute to any image degradation. The situations in which I use them, however, are not always such that I could make critical comparison, i.e., landscapes with moderate tele to WA focals lengths.

Joel W.