[OM] Mirror Lockup

Subject: [OM] Mirror Lockup
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 08:05:41 +0800
I'm fairly curious why mirror lockup has been eliminated from quite a few cameras.
From reading online about what effects the sharpness of a picture:

#1 Tripod
#2 Mirror slap (have you see the size of the mirror on a Pentax 67??)

It seems that Tripod + mirror lockup + cable release = sharp pictures (assuming you do your part on the focusing)..

Why would they take out 2 of the 3 ingredients in most cameras? The mirror has to go up to take a picture, I can't really imagine adding a lever being that expensive for the benefit it provides..

Or am I wrong? I love my OM1n because it has mirror lockup, I'm very disappointed that the 3's and 4's don't.. I'm wondering if the 4/3rds will..

Albert