Re: [OM] Mirror Lockup

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror Lockup
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:23:02 -0600
> It seems that Tripod + mirror lockup + cable release = sharp pictures
> (assuming you do your part on the focusing)..

 Apparently focus makes more of a difference than you'd think:
http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/critical.html which says (summarising) with a
typical 50mm lens at f2,
you can lose 2/3 of your maximum resolution if the focus ring is 2mm out of
position.

 There's also some interesting points in there about how to get the best
focus with purely ground-glass screens -- I suspect split-image focussing
helps a lot here, when it's working.

 -- dan