Re: [OM] Hummingbird Stretch

Subject: Re: [OM] Hummingbird Stretch
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:20:49 -0700
Great picture! The lighting on the bird looks perfect. The flower the
hummer is feeding from could use some shadows to make it look more
natural. The tan background is so even it looks artificial (my laptop
color rendition isn't great though). The distant very out of focus
branch in the upper right adds to the picture in my opinion.

The strongest light source seems to be coming from the upper right. It
casts some very nice soft shadows on the left leaf. I don't see how the
lighting could be changed to make the blossom look better without
adversely affecting other parts of the picture.

The birds right wing seems to show a multiple image of its trailing
edge. Could there be a slight difference when the multiple flashes fire?
Could it be a shadow making part of the wing darker?

Very nice picture!
-jeff