[OM] I love MEK!; KEH problems

Subject: [OM] I love MEK!; KEH problems
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:56:08 -0700
Methyl ethyl ketone was introduced to me by a woman at the local Home Depot
(who later ripped me off for $300). MEK (a chemical cousin of acetone) does
a terrific job removing paint and wood finishes. It works many times faster
and (ignoring the question of long-term toxicity) doesn't burn your skin, so
you don't need rubber gloves.

And it smells so good -- I  _love_ organic solvents!

"KEH sold me an OM-4T that had a problem. I returned it for exchange and an
OM-4 came back in its place. The package in which it had been stored was
mislabeled. Happy ending, the situation was rectified to my satisfaction,
but not without a lot of the same feelings I think you are having right
now."

This is why I long ago stopped doing business with KEH. They're ethical and
will resolve problems without arguing -- but they're absolutely terrible
about checking and grading equipment. My least-favorite thing is the way
they'll immediately point out problems with equipment you've sent to sell --
but fail to point out the same problems with equipment you buy.