Re: [OM] Hummingbird Stretch

Subject: Re: [OM] Hummingbird Stretch
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 14:54:42 -0700
OK, that explains it all, not only the odd effect with the right wing, but the different translucency in the end of the right wing, but without blur. That was what was puzzling me.

Moose

Matt BenDaniel wrote:

The background flash was a single T32 set at quarter power. At that level I
think the flash duration is about 1/1,000 second. It illuminated a matte board.

There were four foreground flashes: Vivitar 283's set at 1/32 power, which
yielded about 1/20,000 second duration, almost fast enough to freeze the wing
motion. (BTW you can see the reflection of three of the flashes in the hummer's
eye.)

The forward part of the right wing was backlit by the background flash. As a
result, the motion of that wing section over 1/1,000s shows motion blur.