[OM] OM2n

Subject: [OM] OM2n
From: ajai krishnan <ajaikrishnan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:46:50 -0700 (PDT)
 Hi,
I have just bought a old OM2n with few lenses. I was a bit confused with the
way the meter works. Or rather the way exposure takes place. In the auto mode,
in low light condition, the viewfinder information does not match with the
actual exposure. i.e, the exposure time (shutterspeed) is much more than the
shutter speed shown in the viewfinder. This I have been able to notice only for
the low light condition. I posted this question in the 'photo.net' and have got
a very helpful reply. That is, I have been experimenting this because there was
no film in the camera. I believe there is something called OT-F which will
calculate the exposure overriding the viewfinder information. Please any of you
could throw some light on this subject. I tried the same experiment with the
film inserted and now it is giving more or less the same exposure as per the
viewfinder. But still about 1 or 1.5 seconds difference in very low light
situation. I need another information - is it ok to use LR44!
 (alkaline)battery for OM2n as Iam unable to get SR44 (silver oxide) batteries.
With thanks. Ajai