Re: [OM] Kodak Elite Chrome ISO 100

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak Elite Chrome ISO 100
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:41:05 EDT
In a message dated 6/10/2003 7:12:04 AM Central Standard Time,
Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> You didn't say which version (according to the suffix letters)?

If it is the Elite Chrome Extra Color (EBX) I'll share a brief story with
you.  Earlier this year, while attending a weekend program sponsored by Rocky
Mountain School of Photography, one of the instructors showed us 6 or 7
different
scenes, each of which was taken with each of 6 or 7 types of slide film.  We
then were asked to vote for the film we found to be most pleasing to us.  We
didn't know what the films were until after the vote.  There were perhaps 30
people in this class, with varying degrees of experience.  The film which got
the most votes was Elite Chrome Extra and the vote although not a landslide was
not neck and neck either.  The instructor said the result of the vote had been
the same the previous time he had done the test.

Folks are wired differently and if I had purchased film based on price for a
major photographic vacation that was going to have me hiking into some remote
locations for once in a lifetime photographic opportunities, I would spent a
good part of my trip being concerned about the quality of the images produced
by my bargain basement priced film.  If I was going to an important party and I
had two girlfriends, one of whom I always had a good time with and the other
who ran hot and cold.  Sometimes she was pleasant and fun to be with but
others she could be a straight running witch. I knew, however, it would cost me
little less for the date because she didn't like to go to the nice restaurants
my other girl friend enjoyed.  I'd still ask the girl friend that I always had
a good time with even though it might require me to part with a little more
money.  A cheap date for the potential of a miserable time, is no bargain.

Another way to look at it, is to figure what the savings on this film was in
relationship to the total cost of the trip . . . I would bet not enough to pay
for a good meal or two.

My 2 cents worth and then a little.  Bill Barber