Re: [OM] Star Trails

Subject: Re: [OM] Star Trails
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:11:28 -0300
on 10/06/2003 12:19, Piers Hemy at piers@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> BUT I don't see how that is of practical
> use in astrophotography, when the longest shutter speeds are (respectively)
> 1, 1 and 2 minutes!
Hi Piers,
Imagine my amazing surprise when I returned from dinner that night, about
one hour after exposure began, and the camera had not decided to close the
shutter... I began feeling bored and cold. Maybe it was the cold (about 10
Celsius over zero)... maybe that it was exposing at ASA 25 (I decided
exposure comp. because of RF guessing).
I suppose exposure time can be calculated measuring degrees of the star
trails, I should figure out how.

> Better not bin the Lunasix.
Too expensive?

Regards,