Re: [OM] Ap prefire question

Subject: Re: [OM] Ap prefire question
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:08:32 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fernando Gonzalez Gentile" <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> A zoom.... is it that necessary. I use the zoom of my autofocus stereo
> camcoder. Right now I have the possibility of buying the 85~250/5 @ USD
> 300-350, NEW but not in box (already have the 200/4).

It all depends on what you shoot, but a zoom is more convenient for cropping
of scene, the 35mm frame is too small to do cropping after shooting. You may
spend on a cheaper zoom, I like the 75-150 very much but I know some of you
don't like it.

> I convinced myself it
> would be wiser to spend on a second OM2 n-or-not body. Your advice
welcomed.
> As for a starter kit, I would add a T32 with cables (which I waited too
long
> to include), a polarizer, a tripod, a focusing screen with grid, an
eyecup,
> (which I forget too often because it requiers to take off my glasses, and
> then to shoot on Auto) and a winder (OM bodies grip and balances better
with
> winders, either you use it or not)

I just mentioned the lenses, of course you will need an OM-1 plus a 2 or 4,
then a flash - T20 or T32 depends on whether you use flash a lot or not. A
lots of other accessories are just option, I never use the grip 1 and eyecup
but a MD-1 is a must for action shoots or parties (I don't like the sound of
winder).

C.H.Ling