[OM] Argh - engraving again (and FS)

Subject: [OM] Argh - engraving again (and FS)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:06:45 -0400
All this talk about engraving seems to have infected a purchase of mine.
Just bought a nice kit on da'bay and was pleased with the purchase.  The
seller seemed to neglect one little detail.

Every single piece of equipment is engraved with what looks to be a drivers
license number.

Seems like an important little detail, doesn't it.

Anyway, in the spirit of the engraving thread, I thought I'd offer the
pieces for pretty much what I have in them.  All prices without shipping, of
course.

Zuiko 100 f/2.8 Silvernose. Nice clean glass, snappy aperture, no oil. Would
be an EX easily except for the engraving. Includes an Olympus 49mm thin
Skylight filter and the original OM caps. The engraving is on the side of
the rear by the mount and not too bad.

$75

Chrome OM-1. Also very nice. Minimal strap brassing. Includes the Shoe 1
(cracked of course). Does include the MD cap, which is nice. Baseplate is a
mess with engraving. I don't have a body cap, so I will include a nice
F.Zuiko 50/1.8 with clear glass and no oil and snappy blades that is also,
surprise, engraved.

$75

Vivitar 28 f/2.8. Clear glass, no oil, etc.  Missing the rubber focusing
ring (also a surprise). No caps, but does include a 67mm Vivitar UV filter.
Also includes a big rubber hood that has a tear that needs some black
electrical tape. Engraved.

$12

Vivitar 70-210 f/3.5 Series 1. Has haze or delamination on the rear element.
Clear, snappy blades. Engraved on the rear mount. Includes a Vivitar 67mm
Haze filter and Vivitar lens cap. No rear cap. Includes generic hard case.

$12

Olympus T32. More engraving than I have ever seen on darn near every
surface.

$30 (take a loss on this one, but I just can't ask for more).

Vivitar 2X-21 Teleconverter. Nice glass. Both Vivitar caps. Hard case. Not
engraved!

$9

Let me know if you're interested. I can get them out today or tomorrow.  My
return policy still applies except for the engraving. If that's your only
complaint, then you were forewarned :)

Tom