Re: [OM] RE: Boris' adventures in digital domain now way ot

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Boris' adventures in digital domain now way ot
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:18:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc:
Lets see if I could take a stab at this one as I am probably the only one on
this list who knows what grunge is.
What you are talking now is the grunge that the business types forced down your
throats as they are not interested in quality, but ...go back to the comments
about Redmond.  I do not want to hear about spreading hate either, coz I am
blame the people whose workforce in this country is mostly an army of lawers
and the what supposed to be american jobs are done by underwage kids in some
foreign country in debt (actually I have heard the argument of keeping them off
the street by being employed full time), coz is more profitable to have them
pay those interests and then bitch about how them not being able to pull
themselves out from the s**thole, not acknowledging that the business types are
the ones who got them there in the first place...especially you with the kids
in college you know what I am talking about.
Back to the grunge.  It took down the fake plastic dummies with a storm (read
Michael Jackson who was completely washed out by then) ,  but quickly became
very profitable and all kinds of wannabes enter the stage and a lot of crap
went for art.  Since I cannot relay through music to you, I would mention as an
example two movies who swept the scene and were benefiting from the changes the
grunge brought...."Pulp Fiction" and "Saving Private Ryan"  which are the worst
movies ever, the most meaningless pieces of I do not know what to call them I
have ever waisted time with. But they were cool (hip is another word for
it...).  They have no artistic value, despite what the academy sez
Grunge puts more emphasis on the lyrics and the music is kept simpler.
Hope this helps