Re: [OM] Re: QuickTime [Was: OT Re: My new/old Zuiko-hauler]

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: QuickTime [Was: OT Re: My new/old Zuiko-hauler]
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:43:18 -0300
on 11/06/2003 14:33, Jan Steinman at Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I don't disbelieve you're having problems, but I remain skeptical that it is
> due to "RF interference."
Me too; but how do you describe a horrid intermitent noise that sounds just
like the way my neighbour used to interrupt my listenning session of Ornette
Coleman when he turned on his big antenna some 20 years ago... fotunately I
could go balanced.

>> Anyway I'm happy with 8.6.
>
> That's cool. Sort of like a bunch of people discussing 20 to 30 year old
> cameras! :-)
LOL!! Better not start rambling on headaches concerning Apple Telecom
Software, if you ever happenned to install it. It came with 8.0.

> I'm sure you have good reasons for sticking with 8.6.
Deep ones, which exceed my fluency in English to allow me to explain without
boring you and this list.

> But overall, I'm about
> 10,000% happier with MacOS X than I ever was with any pre-X version of Apple
> system software
I'd be too, running latest version of X on a full equipped titanium
Powerbook, using my 6500 firewired just to read floppys and .doc from the PC
world, but such an instrument is very very very expensive here (my country
almost sunk together with Argentina) and worthwhile for professional work,
that is if you earn money from working with it. Not my case, practising
psychiatry and psychoanalysis hardly requires other computer than my own
brains.

> -- and I go back to the Lisa!
got lost here, what do you mean?

Rgds,

Fernando

PS which version of Eudora did you install. Mine is 5.1. See how to trash
HTML when I have the time. Any hint?

--
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.