[OM] Re: QuickTime [Was: OT Re: My new/old Zuiko-hauler]

Subject: [OM] Re: QuickTime [Was: OT Re: My new/old Zuiko-hauler]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:46:03 -0700
>From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> -- and I go back to the Lisa!
>got lost here, what do you mean?

The Apple Lisa preceded the first Macintosh. It was based on principles from
Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, using the Smalltalk programming language. It
was the first widely available computer to use things like windows, scroll
bars, mouse, etc. It became the basis for the Mac, which became the basis for
Microsoft Windows.

(The first computers using such things were the Dorado and Dolphin,
limited-production computers the size of a desk produced by Xerox. Most of them
were sold to the CIA, although we had a Dorado at Tektronix. Without folks like
Douglas Englebart and Trygve Reenskaug, we'd all be doing ALT-F7 to move the
cursor around...)

No matter what computer you use today, the basic principles of your user
interface came from Xerox PARC via Apple.

>PS which version of Eudora did you install. Mine is 5.1. See how to trash
>HTML when I have the time. Any hint?

I'm using 5.2, but I think filters are the same in 5.1.

1) Go to "Window --> Filters"

2) In the first fill-in, use the pull-down menu to select <<Body>>.

3) In the second fill-in, enter "<HTML>".

4) If your new filter is not the last one in the left-hand list, select it and
pull it to the bottom.

Whenever some clueless friend or relative sends you HTML mail, make a filter
for them, and drag it BEFORE the HTML filter, which should always remain last
in your list of filters.

Requisite Oly content: it was a beautiful day today to be out making images,
but I stayed inside and read the Olympus mailing list instead... :-(

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.