Re: [OM] HELP!! Am I screwed for my trip?

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP!! Am I screwed for my trip?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:55:46 +0800
Garry D. Lewis wrote:

Sounds like residual soap film/scum to me.
That sounds about right too me. It could be water deposits also. I
would get some water I knew was clean (bottled-distilled) and try a
warm water re-rinse with air drying. If that doesn't do it, try a good
grade of lens cleaner with a very, very, soft cloth. Also check to see
that you have it(the screen) back in the correct orientation and in
"the fully up and locked position". This could also cause dark and
cloudy viewfinder problems.

                yours giving my view of things,

                     Garry D. Lewis
Well, repeated rinsing has managed to clear quite a bit.. But there is still leftover residue on it that is very visible. But now that it's in "patches" instead of covering the entire thing, it does look like it might be salvagable (I hope). I will go to a camera repair shop today and see if they have some method to clean it. They probably do..

That said. I used facial soap (liquid) that was suppose to rinse 100% clean with 0 residue. Well, proved them wrong!

Albert