[OM] 16/S16

Subject: [OM] 16/S16
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:23:15 -0500
>Does anyone know if the
>angle of view remains the same when using one of these adapters and
>shooting 16mm motion picture film? Also, does anyone know if the image
>is large enough to cover a Super-16 negative without vignetting or if
>regular 16mm is the only practical use. The idea of shooting student
>films using my Zuikos is really attractive to me. The 18mm f3.5 or 90mm
>f2 make the average 16mm zoom seem like a toy.

I would have never thought that someone like Vivitar would make OM to C
adapters. Talk about niche markets!

It's been a while since I shot 16mm film, but when I did, we used 70DR's
with a three lens turret. The "normal" lens was a 25mm, the tele was a 50,
and the wide angle was, I think, a 12, so your Zuikos will limit you on the
WA end of things.

Coverage, is, of course, not a problem, as the frame size is so much
smaller. I've never shot super 16 (a vastly underrated format, but perhaps
now unneeded), but the width of the film is the same. Is the wider frame on
single perf film? Does this mean you loose the ability to do sound-on?

And finally, I would be interested in knowing what cameras you will be using
them on.

Bill Pearce