[OM] Well, I'm screwed..

Subject: [OM] Well, I'm screwed..
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:59:38 -0400
Albert said, in part:
I cleaned it, but it seems whatever was in the soap I used, has pitted
and dulled the plastic drastically..  (I have yet to use my OM in
Thailand, last time I went, the 2nd picture, the entire metering system
went out) So..
While I certainly wouldn't say it's impossible it strikes me as unlikely that ordinary hand soap has eaten your 1-4 screen. If it has I'm glad I'm not washing my hands with whatever you're using. What I can easily believe is that soap is still clinging to the teeny-tiny nooks and crannies of that very fine matte surface.

Before giving up entirely I'd let that screen soak in warm water (preferably moving) for hours if necessary. Then, while holding it by its edges, give it a final high pressure blast from the faucet for a couple of minutes and stand it on edge on a paper towel to air dry. Then check it over again.

Good luck,
Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA