Re: [OM] Another uh-oh, this time an OM-2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Another uh-oh, this time an OM-2n
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:13:04 -0500
I've found that my OM-2n will wind like that if I start winding while it's in the middle of taking a long exposure. Try the new battery/reset/jiggle the winder connections on the bottom dance, and it doesn't help, it's time for more experience hands (John or Clint) to use percussive maintenance.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa

Tom Scales wrote:

I just pulled my OM-2n off the shelf and tried to wind it.

Uh-oh.

When I wind it, well, nothing happens. The wind lever moves really, really
easy, and doesn't wind.  I thought maybe it was the interconnection with the
rewind knob on the front, so I turned it.  Now IT's locked and won't turn
back.
Any suggestions?