[OM] Plea for Provision of Auction Info

Subject: [OM] Plea for Provision of Auction Info
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:53:16 -0000
Possibly I am in the minority here, but I use a dial-up line with an ISP
contract that has a limit on the time that I can spend on-line.  So I
routinely browse newsgroups and email OFF-line -- I log on, download the
newsgroups and email, log off, and then browse the newsgroups and email
(including the Oly digest).  Consequently, when someone gives a reference to
an item on an auction site, I cannot see what it is without dialing up and
logging on again.

When you refer to an item on an auction site, it would be really helpful if
you could at least state what the item is and why you are drawing attention
to it (some already do, but others merely give the web address).  Pretty
please?  Thanks.

-- from Cy in the UK