Re: [OM] ( OM ) Back on the list! from New Zealand

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Back on the list! from New Zealand
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:23:21 +0200
Hi Roger,

Wairoa? We may have driven through, I think.

The tramp to Leitchs hut was our first. It is easy going but landscape is
rewarding. The hut itself is within a vast clearing, A Mr. Leitch made in
expectation of the road to be built through. the road was never built though
and so it is still a very quiet place.

Re. contrast with the digital camera, I think it is because of the low density
of the sensor. It is only capable of capturing a limited band of light. You
either have to expose on the low light or the highlights of a scene, whereas
with e.g. slide film you can often do with an average metering. The C5050 has
multispot metering, so there is plenty to play with.

Regards,

Bernd