Re: [OM] got the 1-4 today

Subject: Re: [OM] got the 1-4 today
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:53:57 -0400
Dan,
1.  If you have just turned 43 or 44 years old, it might be "time".
2.  It could be that the Tamron, while highly regarded, is not the sharpest
example of that fine model.  I've had a few lenses that
I had problems focussing (Zuiko 28/3.5).  Some people assured me that wides are
hard to focus but it wasn't that.  My Tamron 28/2.8
and Sigma 24/2.8 snap right into focus.  In my opinion, sharpness (wide open)
is not at all mysterious.  I can see it right there on
the ground glass.  And split prizm.  And Fresnel.  Maybe it has a de-centered
element or internal haze?  Personally, I'd hope it's
just time for bifocals!

Lama

From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>