Re: [OM] But of course!

Subject: Re: [OM] But of course!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:15:16 -0700
It's all a mystery to me, always has been. The vast majority of people I've ever known or known of bear 2 arms around with them all the time. The guy who has my old job now only has an arm and a half, due to some childhood mishap. Doesn't keep hm from paying my invoice when I do a little work for him, either

Oh, I once dated a young woman whose sister had only an arm and a half. The one with both arms was a terrible whiner who propounded at length about the fickleness of men. About the time she started whining about how I was bound to dump her too, I did. Guess I should have known from how easily she slipped away from my best buddy and how rather littel he complained about it that there was a catch somewhere. I had been fooled by appearances. The sister who was less conventionally attractive, and missing half an arm to boot, was the smart, fun, well adjusted one. There were guys already lined up to date her and my trying to do it would have been cruel and unusual punishment for her sister, so I moved on. Water long over the bridge to me, but my friend is a historian by training, so he has mentioned her very occasionally ove the last 40 years.

Oh yeah, what ws the subject? Oh, right, about rights. I do think we should have the right to bear arms, otherwise why did God give them to us, and besides, it would be really hard to get along without them, I mean it's not like birds, where they traded them in for wings. Even getting something to eat would be tough, as well as eating it. At least we have toes and noses, so we could operate the remotes and watch TV, so that part would be OK. So I guess it was nice of the Founding Fathers (and Mothers. Since the arms are part of the package they deliver and tend to be fond of, I suspect they had something to do with it, behind the scenes, as things were at that time.) to guarantee our right to bear arms, but it just seems a little redundant to me.

Moose

PS: Lama, thanks for reminding me; Mike, I'm just as proud as punch of you!

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

Mike,

Thanks for the this completely lucid, yet utterly facetious account.  It's in
the best tradition of the Oly list and I think Moose
would be proud.

I'm really enjoying everyone's writing these days!