[OM] some problems

Subject: [OM] some problems
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:03:30 -0700

>....but suddenly my old HP
>Photo Scanner started putting out everything with a lot of "colored edges"
>everywhere there is a line in the picture and generally making every picture
>quite blurry. I don't have any idea what the problem would be called
>technically. Anyone have any ideas what might be a solution to this problem
>other than religating the HP to a boat anchor and buying a new one?....

Wayne,

Nice photos. You are a braver man than I to get that close to a moose :>)

As for the scanner, don't toss it yet. Mine did a similar thing not too
long ago and the fix was a cold boot and recalibrate using the card
included with the scanner. It has been working as well as it ever did
since then. Of course I'd like a new scanner too but I'm afraid I need
more of an excuse to justify a new one. That extra 1600dpi would
probably only just show up the operator error rather than make my
pictures better anyway.

Mike