Re: [OM] forgot another problem

Subject: Re: [OM] forgot another problem
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 13:20:51 -0300
On 6/15/03 8:30 AM, "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was curious about what happened, so specifically asked the developer to
> check out the roll. They included a length of film about 2 frames long that
> had the sprocket holes ripped out on one side only, so that three holes are
> now one elongated hole. The other side must have been jumping over the teeth
> of the cog, which made it feel rough in winding. The frame counter on the
> OM2s was at 28 when I stopped winding, but I'm guessing that I had a wound
> few frames after the film stopped advancing. The last unmounted bit of film
> has an   "X      KODAK  EL -2"  (without the quotation marks) along one side
> of the film. On the other side of the film it has an X and a bit further
> along an XA with a small arrow under the XA. There are no frame numbers on
> the bit of film they included. It was marked in the box and on the film the
> same as all the others, that is, Kodak Elitechrome 100 extra color. Does
> anyone know if these markings are what is supposed to be on the film?
> Wayne

That really sounds like it was at the end of the roll and the X and XA are
the frame numbers for the last frames on the roll (past 24), so the other
poster's theory that it was a roll of 24 seems very likely. Not familiar
enough with Kodak's film markings to comment of if that corresponds to
Elitechrome 100 extra color. Depending on the type of mounts your slides
use, it may be an easy matter to simply unmount one of the slides from one
of the good rolls and compare the markings there. If they're plastic mounts,
they should snap apart (and back together again) easily.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx