Re: [OM] Nearly mid-winter here

Subject: Re: [OM] Nearly mid-winter here
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:00:40 +0200
Hi Brian,

[snip]

> For the record, I very much enjoyed escorting Eva and Bernd around some of
> the parts of my home-town. They are very pleasant company and of course
> we had several things in common; forestry, science and OMs for a start.

It was a real pleasure to be driven round Christchurch discussing all different
kinds of topics with you. Looking back, it felt weird somehow to meet a person
almost totally strange and then to share so many thoughts within just a couple
of hours. And we did not really talk about OM, did we? To be able to meet like
this must be the good side of Globalisation.

> I've added a few new images; Eva and Bernd as I captured them on film; try
> as I might I can't get rid of the sharpening halo around their heads and
> still
> get something like a sharp image.  Maybe they are naturally saintly.

;-) Well, I do not quite understand how you got this effect. It must be the
sharp contrast between foreground and background. See the picture Eva has taken
of us here: www.i4.auc.dk/berndm/nz2/christchurch The background is almost
burnt out.

> And a cloud scene that caught our attention while we were there. Sun
> striking clouds being blown in from the sea, across the harbour. We were
> still in drought, so the hills are very tawny-brown. That tussock grass is
> never
> very green anyway.

Really nice work. My slides from Evans Pass did also turn out great. I have to
scan a few of them soon.

Best regards,

Bernd