Re: [OM] OT: a map to your house

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: a map to your house
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:54:16 -0700
I have opted for many years to have my address left off my 'phone book listing. When I use this feature on Go*gle, It gives directions to the center of town. No problemo!

I'm also aware that anybody who knows my name can pretty easily find out where I live. The only difference between now and decades ago is that it's faster. I'm not aware that anyone is after me.

I knew a guy who led an unlisted LIFE. He went to incredible lengths to hide his whereabouts because of his psychotic ex-wife. He'd have her committed. Her wealthy East Coast family would take her out, promising to keep her off the streets and out of trouble. They would get tired of dealing with her and let her loose and she would come back nad find him - every time! Took her a while sometimes. It really isn't easy to hide from someone who really wants to find you.

Moose

Bob Fenstermacher wrote:

I know that this may not be earth shaking, but I found the email below to be
both true and disturbing.  Thought perhaps some of you might appreciate the
information.