Re: [OM] Paris Air Show...

Subject: Re: [OM] Paris Air Show...
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:24:35 -0700

>Speaking of...I am actually quite happy with this monopod -- I use it
>"naked", i.e. I screw it directly onto the camera without any head of
>any sort. Seems to work for me (and, let's face it, I bring the
>monopod when space is the scare resource -- a head only takes more
>of that resource

Thomas, i bought a Manfrotto/Bogen 3232 monopod head on the advice of
someone here on the list. It's great! Very cheap @ $13 and takes up an
insignificant amount of the "scarce resource" and adds a great deal more
functionality to the monopod. I find I use the monopod much more often
now that i have it, i.e. I carry the monopod when before I hand held, it
doesn't replace the tripod. For example I tilt the camera slightly on
the head and extend the  monopod leg out in front of me then spread my
legs and lean into it. In effect becoming the other two legs of a
tripod. Works very well with the 300. This head would compliment your
Gitzo and is highly reccommended and did I say cheap?

Mike