Re: [OM] In Defen[s,c]e of the OM4[] [was] plain OM4 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] In Defen[s,c]e of the OM4[] [was] plain OM4 questions
From: Benson Honig <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:02:09
I tried it. I have the "old" type of circut, that doesn't shut off after 40
seconds (or, ever, when checked).
Following John's instructions, my shutter stays open when switched to
manual, but closes the moment I take off the body cap. Anyone else with
this configuration?
Benson

>Another test to tell you if you have the oldest type 4:  Put body cap on
>body, set camera to "auto".  Fire shutter on AUTO, shutter stays open.
>While shutter is open, switch lever to MANUAL position  and remove body cap.
>If newer type, shutter should have closed as soon as you switched to MANUAL.
>If oldest type, shutter will stay open even though switch is on manual and
>body cap is off.

Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa
Graduate School of Business