[OM] book report

Subject: [OM] book report
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:08:08 -0700
Well i just perused a copy of the OM Way (1979) compliments of U of
Alaska Library. In a nutshell I say, "save your money and buy glass and
film instead" There is a lot of information on the OM1 and 2 and things
like how to use the manual extension tubes or the QA310 flash or how to
short  the winder1 to make it shoot in sequence mode. Not exactly the
kind of thing a person using the OM system today would need to know. I
don't understand the 3 digit price point this book commands. I'd drop
out of the bidding in the $10-20 range. Way more helpful info here on
the list. That said there is a lot of information about the more
esoteric macro and micro setups then available including lighting. (but
none of the newer macro lenses or macro flashes)  So if you have the
Lieberkuhn reflectors maybe you could justify the price. Me, I'll put
the $$ toward a new scanner, glass ......whatever. Gotta go get that box
from B&H that the FedEx guy just left on the door step.

Mike