Re: [OM] Regarding an OM2n button

Subject: Re: [OM] Regarding an OM2n button
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 01:31:54 -0700
You can get the whole manual in PDF format from the eSIF from the link at the bottom of this page <http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/bodygroup/om2.htm> .

The center of the 'button' is a standard flash connector. The 2 choices on the surrounding switch select 'X' synch for electronic flash or 'FP' synch for old focal plane flash bulbs. It should always be left at 'X'. If you use 'FP' with an electronic flash, the flash will fire before the shutter is open and you will be very disappointed with the result. On the OM-2n bodies, the switch does not affect the flash synch on the Shoe 4 (if one is attached), it is always 'X'.

Moose

Michael Efthimiakopoulos wrote:

Just received an OM2n on my doorstep that I ordered from Henrys in Toronto
and it is a beauty in 8+ condition. However, there is a button on the left
side of the body just beneath the shutter ring whose purpose I don't
understand. You can turn the dial for either an X mode or an FP mode.
Anybody understand the difference.