[OM] Fuji chromes...

Subject: [OM] Fuji chromes...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:18:48 -0500
I know this info has been covered in part before, but I think this codifies
things a bit, so here goes...

Ever since this year's PMA, we've been anxiously awaiting both film and
information about Fuji chromes. In the latest Studio and Whatever
Photography magazine (despite being a free magazine, it is not the worst
photo magazine, at least as long as Peterson's Photographic is still out
there), there is a very large folded poster size piece that advertises Fuji
pro chromes. Here's what we learn:

1. There will indeed be Velveeta in both 50 and 100 speeds.
B. Four films carry the "F" designation, to indicate particularly fine
grain. They are Velvia 100, Provia 100 and 400, and Astia. The only ones
without are Velvia 50 and RTP, the tungsten film.
C. The finest grain of any is Astia (!), RMS7. The others are RMS8.
4. There are 8x10 reproductions (quite good reproductions at that) of the
three 100 speed films. They qualify as the appearance formerly known as
normal, jump-off-the-page snap, and guilty of aggravated assult off-the-page
snap.
5. The flesh tone in the new Velveeta is, at least in the one sample, fairly
human in appearance.
6. The new Astia is really flat, as demonstrated in the photos of a still
life of pastels, and a shot of a model wha has just come from the blood
bank, where she made a 2 quart donation.

Also available in the USA is Fuji's version of Polaroid film in 4x5 and
packs.

Now, let's get some and get out ans shoot!

Bill Pearce