Re: [OM] OM-2 diaphragm linkage problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 diaphragm linkage problem
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:54:35 -0500
In addition to the coupling ring being damaged by a lens missing it's
stop screw (as John noted), once in a great while we see a problem where
the index tab on the rear of the lens slips past the coupling ring.
This can happen if the index tab is loose, or if it's set so that it
just barely contacts the broad section of the coupling ring.  Once it
slips past, sometimes you have to hold the shutter open in "B" and reach
inside to push or hold the tab over so it will slip onto the right side
of the coupling ring as the lens is removed.