Re: [OM] Paris Air Show...

Subject: Re: [OM] Paris Air Show...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:20:38 -0600
At 08:32 AM 6/17/2003 -0700, Mike (concerning the Canadian made-for-TV movie "The Arrow") wrote:

[snip]

Not a bad movie (the first time) and an interesting bit of history but a
little on the patriotic side, didn't it have support from the Canadian
Film board?  In the Vancouver area it ran last weekend. And again less
than 2 months ago on one of the other channels.

"A little on the patriotic side"? Mike, we can't possibly hold a candle to some of the patriotism that comes over our cable TVs from American channels. I should think you'd be completely inured to such influences by now. ;-)

As for who supported it, I'm sure it was the usual suspects -- the Government of Canada (through various agencies, programs, grants etc.), the Government of Ontario (ditto for various incentive programs and tax credits for film-making), possibly the National Film Board (though it's not really the usual sort of fare supported by the NFB), the CBC, and so on, ad infinitum, ad nauseam...

Garth