RE: [OM] Paris Air Show.../now CF-105 Arrow

Subject: RE: [OM] Paris Air Show.../now CF-105 Arrow
From: "Gary L. Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:05:30 -0500
The book is quite good: "Shutting Down the National Dream," by Grieg
Stewart.  The truth is that very few of the numerous high supersonic designs
of that era were successful in operation.  SR-71 and Foxbat were about it.
And both of those had superpower dollars/ruples and the cold war behind
them.  Even we couldn't afford the B-70.

OM content - I took a picture of the surviving Arrow cockpit section in a
museum near Toronto.  Don't know where it is now.  The picture, that is.
Toronto is still there, I think.  The CF-100 is there, too. It was an
ambitious design for a team that had up 'till then built Lancasters, but it
was a very successful first generation all-weather interceptor.

Gary Edwards

www.peopleplacesflight.com