RE: [OM] OM4 Auto Metering problem?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM4 Auto Metering problem?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:15:45 +0100
An alternative expanation, based on what you describe, is that the aperture
mechanism on the Tamron (or the mount) is stuck, stopped down.  Take the
lens off the camera, set it to f/32 (or whatever is the minimum).  Look
through the lens - it should be at full aperture - and push down the Depth
of field preview lever (opposite the lens mount lock button) - you should
see the aperture close, then open as you release the lever.

It's strange, because only one lens seems to be implicated, yet the OM4 OTF
metering should be able to cope with what it actually 'sees' on the film.
You haven't got a neutral density filter on the Tamron by any chance??

Piers