RE: [OM] OM4 Auto Metering problem?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM4 Auto Metering problem?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:26:02 +0100
Jason

1       Yes indeed, that's why I suggested checking that the lens is
actually at full aperture when set to f/32 and off-camera.  If the lens is
actually stopped down, then the camera will measure "f/32's-worth" of light,
thinking that it is "f2.8's worth" if you follow.

2       Not on the OM4, it has one meter using a semi silvered mirror bfore
exposure, then OTF.

3       To follow up on my ND filter musings - you mention the metering
results, but did the camera shutter actually open for 1/8 sec (as against
1/500)?

Piers