Re: [OM] Paris Air Show...

Subject: Re: [OM] Paris Air Show...
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:59:27 +0100
Very pretty! I built a model of one of those when I was about 12 years old. I am glad that I was not a rear seater in one though!

Chris
On Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003, at 16:30 Europe/London, Paul Laughlin wrote:

At 06:25 AM 6/18/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Might be true Giles. Up until the F22, accelerating to and maintaining supersonic speed has required the use of loads of fuel, and supersonic military aircraft cannot carry much of it. The Tornado can use a tonne of fuel per minute in certain conditions. Add to that the inexplicable antipathy that the general public has demonstrated for activities which can blow out their windows and collapse their greenhouses ....

If you want to see some military speed records go to:

http://clix.to/hustler1

It was also a very photogenic aircraft.
Paul in Portland OR
<|_:-)_|>