Re: [OM] 90/2 Zuiko vs. 90/2.8 Tamron

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2 Zuiko vs. 90/2.8 Tamron
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:01:27 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/2003 11:11:06 AM Central Standard Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Tamron will
> most likely be the lens going along while the Zuiko stays securely
> locked away in the Toyota OM-4Runner.  Why?  Well, the Tamron
> weighs about half what the Zuiko does, goes to 1:1 all by itself,
> and if it gets dropped over a cliff or eaten by a bear, it will
> cost about a third as much to replace.

Yep, that's why I still have my Tamron 90mm f2.5.  The fact that it is a dang
nice lens also figures into the equation.  Besides I don't want to wear out
the 90mm Zuiko.  It may be the starting quarterback, but I won't play it the
whole game.  Bill Barber