Re: [OM] FS: Lots of little things

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: Lots of little things
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:42:04 -0700
Could be worse. Several years ago, I was to go with a friend, author of the only guidebook on trekking in Tibet, to meet the second most published photographer of the Himalyas (my friend was 3rd. at the time). The morning of the day we were to get together, this guy had a vasectomy. While waiting on the sidewalk for his ride to pick him up, he must have had a dizzy spell or passed out. He fell, hit his head on the curb and died! A guy who climbed and travelled in all kinds of places, some rather dangerous, died of a vasectomy in peaceful Berkeley. Now Galen Rowell is gone too, but at least he went out in a reasonably appropriate way for an adventurer.

Now I've been just about past that enough to consider getting one myself again (I really don't want kids younger than my grandchildren.) and yo guys have to go and post this stuff. Thanks for the help! ;-)

OM content, none, unless you consider the chants so popular among many residents of the Himalyas.

Moose

Timpe, Jim wrote:

You left off the best part... Sitting on the sofa later that afternoon,
pillow gently and discretely placed on my lap, when son number one comes
dashing in (he was about two at the time) and jumps into dad's lap.  He
appreciated, for the first time in his life, the true meaning of
technicolor, as I turned every shade in the spectrum (even a few outside the
visible one...   )