[OM] Oly gear recently acquired

Subject: [OM] Oly gear recently acquired
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:23:47 -0400
Hi group,

While garage sale prowling recently I casually asked two sellers if they had any film camera stuff they wanted to get rid of. Seller #1 said he had an OM-1 he was no longer using; seller #2 replied he no longer used his OM-2.

So here's what I got.

Seller #1

Black OM-1 MD without hot shoe, has body cap, EX+ to LN- except for a small dent and small chip of missing paint on the upper rear corner behind the rewind knob/lever. Foam looks to be in good shape--it was cla'd about 5 years ago by an outfit in Salt Lake City. All mechanicals working well. I swear I heard an audible sigh of relief from it when I inserted a 1.35V mercury battery.

50/1.4 Zuiko, s/n 258509 with OLY L39 UV filter and OEM front cap. Also EX+ to LN-. No dings, scratches or signs of wear, oil or fungus. Marked MIJ on silver DOF ring.

135/2.8 Zuiko, s/n 131645 with aftermarket 1B filter, OEM rear cap and OEM hard case. Same condition as the 50. Marked MIJ on the silver DOF ring and marked Japan on the nose.

Pebbly textured Oly ever ready case (feels like vinyl or really cheap leather) in user + condition. The case has more wear than the body and lenses combined.

Oh yeah, both lenses are silver noses--those of y'all into serial numbers already knew that, didn't you?

The whole kit looks seriously under used but carefully kept. I hope I didn't overpay by giving the seller $60.

Seller #2

Chrome OM-2 without hot shoe, no body cap, EX except for foam which definitely needs replacing. Seems to be working well mechanically but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

28/2.8 Zuiko, s/n 218857 with Oly 1A filter, Oly rubber hood marked for 28/2.8, both OEM caps, EX-to EX. No dings, scratches, oil or fungus with moderate signs of wear from being used. Marked Japan on DOF ring and on nose.

28/2.5 Vivitar (not Series 1) with Hoya 67mm UV filter, both OEM caps, EX to EX+

Leather Oly ever ready case #14N, user condition-hard base-the kind that doesn't screw into tripod socket.

Leather Oly soft pouch, #100N, for lens shorter than 135, user + condition.

Vinyl/rubber Oly strap in never opened original packaging.

Instruction books for OM10 and T20 flash, good condition

Vivitar 80B filter (55mm), LNIB

Asahi Pentax skylight filter (49mm), LN- IB

Tiffen UV Haze 1 filter (52mm), LN- IB

Prinz hard case for 24-50mm, good condition

50/1.8 Zuiko, s/n 1085546, marked Lens Made in Japan on DOF ring, lots of fungus, good for parts or tinkerers.

70-150/3.8 Macro Vivitar (not Series 1), also has fungus, good for parts or tinkerer.

I only paid $15 for this lot.

So, here's what I want to know.

*If* I decide to get rid of the OM-1 and the two silver noses what's a reasonable price range to expect for each? Right now I'm more curious than anything cuz I want to keep them for a while for "testing" purposes.

I'll very likely get rid of the OM-2 once I've had a chance to burn a roll or two. Are they very desirable? What kind of price range do they command?

What's an 80B filter used for?

If anyone wants the fungussy lenses at no charge (shipping cost only) to play with let me know off list.

As to the other stuff, some I'll keep cuz I can use it and some I'll have to dispose of.

Gary