RE: [OM] camera on my travels

Subject: RE: [OM] camera on my travels
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:06:31 -0600
Yes, the look on the face of the young operator of that machine was absolutely priceless when I set off that machine :) His jaw very nearly hit the floor. I take it that it doesn't go off all that often... I didn't even have to have the OM's out that time, so couldn't get a picture ;)

Mark

I like Jim's explanation, but actually they are using a machine to sniff for traces of explosives. I consider this when I pass through with my camera bag which is on occasion set on the back of a recently-fired Patriot missile launch station. I suppose rocket motor propellant residue might smell a bit
like Semtex to a machine. . .

Gary Edwards