RE: [OM] M-system 135/3.5

Subject: RE: [OM] M-system 135/3.5
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:15:49 -0700
I sure wouldn't, whether or not there's sniping otherwise allowed. It's a
technique by the auction house to try and delay closing a sale simply to try
and eek out the most possible cash from the buyers. They're trying to encourage
last-minute "bidding frenzy" when someone sees something they think they've
"won" suddenly lost because a low-ball incremental bid was placed in that last
"time window". It also encourages shill bidding, IMHO.

---
Scott Gomez