Re: [OM] camera on my travels

Subject: Re: [OM] camera on my travels
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:57:16 -0400

The swab is then put into a sniffer which detects very minute traces of explosives or drugs.

Charles

At 12:43 PM 6/18/03, you wrote:
On my recent cross Canada trip I had my camera gear swabbed by the airport security people after it had be through the x-ray machine. Unlike on previous trips the people showed no interest in having me remove the lens or in looking through the view finder. All they wanted to do was dab the camera case and camera body itself with a small piece of white cloth attached to the end of 12" wooden rod.

Any ideas whether this is a cleaning service for dirty cameras or whether something more sinister is being probed for by the guardians of our airline security system?

John Hudson