RE: [OM] Grizzly in Jellystone?

Subject: RE: [OM] Grizzly in Jellystone?
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:03:47 -0600
A moose has long legs so when you hit one with a car the body tends to come
through the windshield. We have a lot of moose killed by trucks that run way
too fast on our roads that have timber on both sides close to the road. One
time I was towing a boat and some jerk in a minivan must have thought I was
going too slow and passed me on a blind corner going about 80. I was running
at the speed limit. About five miles up the road he had hit a moose and
totaled his car. He and his family were OK but the moose had broken legs and
other things. I shot the moose and was going to chew the driver's ass but
his wife was working him over so bad I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I
suspect his punishment lasted far longer than anything the law did. I called
the sheriff and told him how the guy was driving. The moose was a sleek
young cow. /jim