Re: [OM] Just got back from Thailand

Subject: Re: [OM] Just got back from Thailand
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:06:01 +0800
Dan,

You can crank the ISO to really high numbers, and try to cheat that way.. And count the EV's backwards..

But I have some very stupid, self-invented rule called "6 seconds at F4". This is my night formula; 6 seconds at F4 gives me good and correct exposure for most neon stuff. I don't know how accurate it is, but my night shots seemed to have always suffered from blurriness rather than incorrect exposure (handheld).

So we'll see about these night shots.

For FantaSea (A pseudo mini-disney place on Phuket Island) I shot most everything on tripod as it was at night. But I'm curious to see the "ghost" effects, as once in a while, somone will walk across my 4 second shots or something like that.

I'm sure there are charts and general rules for night photography someone will point me links to (as I have discovered with photography, there is a chart for everything.)

Albert